From being a reserved fresher, to getting titles like “Ms. Best Senior” & “Ms. Charming”, at farewell, IGDTUW shaped me into a strong and beautiful individual.
It’s actually ineffable to express my 4-year journey in such few words, but I’d like to sum up my college life with “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”. (Not because life is like a roller-coaster ride, but also because I am a Bollywood buff, so a K3G fan)
Mechanical Engineer and that too a proud one.
I was always surrounded by people who used to say: “Ladkiyan bhi mechanical leti hain kya?” But as soon as I realised the depth of the song ” Kuch to log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna”, it helped me to be more rigid in fact, and pushed me to change the status quo and break the stereotypes
My fondest memory of IGDTUW is that, in my very first year, I got caught up in exam for misconducting (when I was actually not); And irony was, after 4 years of hard work, I received a GOLD medal for scoring highest in my department.
As they say, “Happiness is seeing your parents smile” (knowing that you’re the reason behind their smile), that was the most precious moment and I am thankful to IGDTUW which helped me prove my worth and gave me, and my parents, those GOLDen memories to cherish for our entire lives.
Thus, being a not-so-bad dancer and one of the CORE members (OC) of Taarangana, i.e. the cultural fest of my college, helped me realise that those were my little doses of happiness.
(P.S- I am still trying to continue with my love for dancing, in the hope to be a great one, someday )
Few of my recent dance posts:
- Afreen Afreen- Watch Here
Sangli sangli Naina vich tera nam hi munde – Watch here
Ni mai yaar manana ni – Watch here
Who knew I would be able to survive in an ALL girls college, far from home and in between those cat fights, but I’m feeling proud while writing this, that I not only survived, but also thrived, personally as well as professionally.
One thing that I miss badly now, is my second home (my hostel). But every phase of life demands a new you, a different you and a better you.
Life kept moving and so did I.
Currently I am pursuing PGDM from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies and hope to again write my college life story (I should rather say, college at home) soon.
IGDTUW , Delhi
NMIMS, Navi Mumbai
Follow – Ishita Pruthi
Read More at Humans of Campus
- I am a Rainbow with so many shades of happiness to spread!” – Twinkle Makol – Bharati College, DU
- FAILURE, BETRAYAL, GETTING MISLED and anything that has to do with giving up has never stopped me from putting my foot into things that fascinate me – Ayushi Baaliyan , College of Vocational Studies, DU
- When times are low, you can lead life two ways; you either become your biggest motivator or the destructor – Niharika Singh Ahlawat , Maitreyi College , DU & OP Jindal University
- I had my share of ups and downs in college but at the end, good people were the ones who stayed by my side. – Manvi Anand , Maitreyi College , DU